£25000 | WC2, London | Training and Planning Co-ordinator / Administrator
Do you have experience organising and obtaining VISA's?
Have you created and managed budgets within Excel?
A media development and training organisation are looking for an Training and Planning Co-ordinator / Administrator to join their close-knit team. The ideal candidate will have a positive can do attitude, quick problem solving mind and a proven track record in supporting a busy administrative team.
This is a key role to support the operations of an organisation at the intersection of media and international development. The organisation works in around 30 countries a year on large-scale projects to support the role of honest, factual media. The role would suit graduate-calibre applicants with at least a year's experience supporting operations of an international organisation. We are a long-established independent charity, working to a social enterprise model, with a track record of achievement in more than 100 countries.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To help plan and manage the implementation of training programmes and their logistics.
- To liaise with clients, funders and consultants to help plan training courses.
- To help budget for planned activities and help to track, and report on, budgets.
- To provide support to the operations manager and others working on Foundation projects in coordinating the activities of freelance consultants.
- To gather and provide data and documentation to support the submission of proposals.
- To liaise with consultants and clients on issues relating to the setting up of projects which includes contracts, all travel-related arrangements, visas, working to budgets, collecting course schedules, collecting timesheets and reports as appropriate, invoicing etc.
- To provide administrative and organisational support for UK-based courses.
- To work closely with the team to ensure the Foundation is kept up to date on current and planned projects and activities.
- To maintain hard copy and electronic records, filing systems and database records of planned and managed activities.
- To support the team in carrying out general office duties e.g. answering telephones and transferring to appropriate staff member, meeting and greeting clients and visitors as necessary.
- To perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: signing for and distributing mail and courier packages as necessary, researching, pricing, and purchasing office supplies, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Under supervision of the head of finance, to undertake financial tasks including processing BACS payments, maintain payment and sales invoice registers, to check expenses for accuracy, to prepare monthly input documentation for posting to ledgers, financial reconciliations, to liaise with TF's bankers on payments, to collect/deposit cash or cheques etc., to assist with the quarterly Board meetings and annual audit preparation, including completion of all project documentation prior to the audit; general financial filings.
- To adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- To support other office functions, as required.
- At least 1-year experience and proven track record of providing visa and other logistical support for training or similar events around the world, ideally in an international development setting.
- Strong understanding of the journalism/media industries.
- The ability to remain calm whilst dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- Highly organised, and ability to prioritise workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build rapport.
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Good level of IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Proven experience of preparing and managing budgets using Excel.
- Experience of database management.
- Self-starter and flexible, "can do" attitude.
- Good "people person" and team player.
- Highly numerate with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Willingness to work flexibly in line with the changing needs of the organisation.
Reporting to: Head of Finance and Administration
Interested? If so, apply today as we are short-listing candidates now!
For further information, please email Rose Harvey on
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.