Job Responsibilities will include:
• Formulate, define and implement global & local supply chain vision, framework and processes that are aligned to best practice and fit for purpose.
• Ensure the effective supply chain system architecture management of the entire supply chain function across the organisational value chain
• Manage organisation’s strategic global sourcing and inventory policies, ensure procurement, negotiation, contracting and evaluation of services and contracting functions.
• Develop analytics, systems and data management capabilities, including metrics (on time delivery, cost, total cost) and reports.
• Understand customers’ needs, maintain and develop positive business relationships with customers (internal and external)
• Ensure quality in procurement execution
• Monitoring quality of stock and ensuring continuous quality improvements.
• Direct the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of supply chain staff.
Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management / Business Management or equivalent,
Proficient in computer software programs/full MS Office package, ERP/database systems, SYSPRO
Supply chain fundamentals, methodologies and principles
Contract management and a certain degree of financial knowledge / systems, ie. Stock, costing and Syspro
Full understanding of leading a Cost Reduction Programs / both in the SCM function covering new and existing suppliers
Supplier quality assurance, Warehouse, Shipping , Logistics acumen.
Valid drivers license
Knowledge of EH&S
Knowledge of SABS ISO 9002
Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act
Knowledge of Municipal Bylaws
Knowledge of Basic Conditions of Employment Act
Knowledge of Employment Equity Act