About this Opportunity The Senior Tax Associate (EMEA) will be to provide UK and European VAT compliance, VAT accounting and support to the business. This will include preparing and assisting with all necessary VAT, GST, and EC Sales Lists returns. The EMEA regional tax team is part of the wider NY based Global tax team covering the tax affairs for more than 40 entities in 17 countries, spanning EMEA, the Americas and APAC regions. In its activities the two person London based tax team has significant interaction with the NY based US/Global Tax team as well as the APAC regional tax team.
Business Unit: Chief Financial Office
Finance is one organization composed of ten functions forming the financial backbone of DTCC, leaders who stand at the forefront of DTCC’s competitive endeavours across the globe. From accountants and financial analysts to internal consultants and workplace designers, the CFO Organization employs diverse individuals who work together to help make DTCC a global leader in the financial services industry.
The Tax department develops and executes DTCC’s tax planning strategies, and manages our myriad global tax compliance and reporting requirements spanning across seventeen countries in Asia, Europe, Australia and North America. The Tax department also advises DTCC’s businesses on tax matters, supporting their operations and transactions by evaluating tax consequences and risks.
What You'll Do
- Providing a mix of compliance (60%) and advisory (40%) expertise.
- Accurate and timely submission of VAT returns, including prompt payment to the relevant tax authorities.
- Preparation of VAT return journals. including quarterly reconciliation of the VAT balance sheet accounts, and posting required adjustments.
- Accurate and timely preparation and submission of the UK VAT group's EC Sales List of VAT returns.
- Provide VAT guidance to Accounts Receivable/Payable on correct treatment of our products and invoicing requirements, and VAT advice to VAT queries from internal stakeholders across the businesses.
- Manage relationships with advisors and relevant third parties, as well as a professional working relationship with UK HMRC and Other Tax Authorities.
- Work closely with the Global Tax Team, Financial Operations, Financial Reporting & Accounting
- Keep upto date on VAT case law decisions, changes to VAT legislation and awareness that may affect DTCC operations
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of related VAT experience
- Indirect tax specialist either ACCA, ACA, or CTA; or qualified by experience
- Background and detailed knowledge of UK, EU and non-EU VAT in both a compliance and advisory capacity
- Must be a motivated self-starter, able to analyse books, records, and accounts for VAT compliance
- Good communication and personal skills with hands-on attitude
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, throu
- Indirect Taxation
- Vat Returns