My client is an Independent National Regulatory Authority, currently seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for a 6 months Contract. The Senior Engineer - Infrastructure operations will ensure the service, contractual and regulatory requirements of the organisation are met by managing the following activities:
- Operational support of IT solutions and services (both infrastructure and network)
- Workload, performance and development of a team of IT operations specialists by building capability to deliver services as required
- Third party provision of IT operations services
- Provision of expertise to programmes and projects as well as the development of architectural solutions for IT operations solutions throughout the service lifecycle
- Change management - Able to manage changes to service, configuration items, organisational change, supplier change and associated documentation
- Incident Management - Coordinates the response to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow effective investigation/identifies the correct procedures or channels for resolution and monitors resolution activity and progress updates to customers/Understands key change management tools and processes.
- Ownership and Initiative - Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements.
- Ability to classify and prioritise problems, identify root cause analysis, analyse and help solve problems and document their causes and implement remedies
- Has a real Service Focus on the whole life of service delivery - designs, develops, delivers and operates/daily infrastructure checks to ensure critical processes have been successful
- Act as a subject matter expert on IT Infrastructure within the organisation and support any projects with infrastructure input as required
- Ensure compliance with standards and procedures is maintained.
Expert certificate in Service Management qualification, level 3
Technical Specialisms - able to :
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of on prem and technologies, their future direction and a deep understanding of the technical concepts required in the role and how these fit into the wider technical landscape
- Deliver and to support and maintain those future technologies and any databases that co-exist in the current environment.
- Network expertise: have an understanding of network technology including: LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, data centre LAN, SD networks, telephony, mobile solutions infrastructure, unified comms, network management solutions, and network specific security and remote access technologies and approaches
- Change Management - able to effectively manage changes to service, configuration items, organisational change, supplier change and associated documentation
- Incident & problem management in relation to on-prem, and network infrastructure and systems, which could also be managed by third parties.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity; ability to document, run and manage these scenarios effectively to resume service stability quickly and securely
- User-focused - able to: collaborate with user researchers and demonstrate an understanding of the difference between user needs and desires of the user; prioritise and define approaches to understand user stories /offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used.