We have a current opportunity for a Senior HV Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town. For further information about this position please apply.
Work long side professional engineers where you will be responsible to manage, coordinate and lead all tasks and design activities towards delivering technical compliant MV and HV interconnection projects.
* Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the company's operating system
* Provide continuous input towards improvement and optimisation of the company's operating system
Support to Project / Business Development
* Support and review interconnection solutions accurately and timeously based on the information provided
* Support in evaluating the technical business case and provide input to the plausibility of the project
* Using DigSilent/PSSE/ETAP, implement preliminary plant and utility grid simulation models to estimate, amongst others, the size of compensation equipment like STATCOMs/Cap Banks or SVCs.
Support to Structuring Phase of projects
* Draft and/or approve technical schedules for various contracts (PPA, (S)-EPC, O&M, etc.) related to the interconnection works.
* Support Execution Team with planning and alignment of technical aspects of the project.
* Manage, coordinate and review the detailed engineering design package / process for the interconnection works.
* Ensure that all relevant design information identified throughout the structuring phase is implemented in the detailed designs that will be issued for construction.
* Support in stakeholder engagements (utility, LTA, suppliers, contractors, etc.) to establish requirements, resolve matters critical to reaching Financial Close
* Evaluate solutions w.r.t. Grid Code Compliance.
* Develop and establish the technical base case and specifications of the project related to its interconnection works.
* Review and evaluate technical documentation and contracts (PPA, Grid Code, Connection Agreement, etc.) to establish technical requirements to be implemented in the interconnection solutions.
* Support Supply Chain Management on compilation and evaluation of RFP documents and supplier responses
* Conduct detailed due diligence and investigations to conclude on technology selections where relevant for interconnection works.
* Manage, coordinate and compile the complete system design package for interconnection works. Detail design will be mostly outsourced, but the party to which it is out sourced needs to be managed
Support to projects in delivery/execution
* Ensure the interconnection facilities are constructed correctly as per the designed.
* Review and approve design change request or proposals in the event of deviations from the Issued for Construction designs
* Assist in establishing and evaluating quality expectations and documentation during construction
* Conduct site visits to monitor and ensure design expectations are implemented
* Support and drive testing and commissioning activities towards Plant Energization and Commercial Operation Date
* Support in project close out phase towards TTO
Support to O&M (Operations & Maintenance)
* Support to resolve matters identified during operations
* Investigate and implement solutions towards improving relevant operational / functional systems within the project
* Monitor the need for HV support on projects on an ongoing basis.
* Identify and meet with consulting partners to provide future support where necessary. Where short term shortfalls are identified request support from consultants and monitor their work.
* Support in longer term resource planning and where long-term shortfalls are identified, motivate for additional staff resources, develop the associated job descriptions and lead in the technical evaluation of candidates.
* Develop tools and processes to increase the efficiency and quality of the delivered role
Independent and self-dependent working
Assertiveness and organisational skills
High energy level and motivation.
Proactive and taking initiative
Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity
Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in a cross functional team
High social and intercultural competence
Speak and write English fluently. Other language skills like Spanish, German, French are an advantage
Excellent report writing skills
Sound knowledge of contracts related to energy generation projects
Good understanding of Electrical Power Utility interfaces and stakeholders
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Excellent knowledge of the entire MS Office Suite
Master's degree in Engineering Further training in sub-station design DigSilent/PSSE/ETAP Training
7+ years electrical engineering experience
This includes the following:
5+ years project environment experience
5+ years distribution and reticulation design experience
Experience in AutoCAD
Experience in Utility Scale Renewable Energy Project design and execution
We have a current opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town. For further information about this...
From Earthstream - Western Cape
Published a month ago
Industrial Engineering Business Analyst at Lotus HR & Recruitment About the position Our client, a well established Business Intelligence and ERP System...
From Lotus Recruitment - Western Cape
Published 21 days ago
Description: My client in the renewable energy sector is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their team in Cape Town. *This role will require the...
Published 16 days ago
Description: Job Description We have a current opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town. For...
Published 14 days ago