Edenbrook are working with a Top 3 P&C Insurer. In the role, you will be the number two to the Financial Controller, helping to produce the monthly management accounts; you will also champion the maintenance and improvement of the insurance company’s financial control framework.
Please note the successful applicant must have experience working within insurance.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the production of monthly, quarterly and annual accounts for the UK Insurance Company and UK business unit on an IFRS basis
- The position will act as the successor to the Financial Controller assisting with the annual business plan, monthly forecasts/reporting activities.
- In the role you will be spear heading the company’s quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process and working on special projects.
- Providing financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations and other projects requested by senior management.
- This position will act as the 'voice’ of the finance team providing insight and support for business decision making.
- Driving improvements into the Insurance Company’s financial control framework through enhanced processes, documentation and management information
- Assist in ad hoc reports and projects as required
- Longer-term adding financial insight through business partnering activities
- Your ability to work, influence and communicate with others, in fluent business level English, is critical for the success in this role;
- You will need to be a good team player and at the same time be able to work on your own initiative to get work completed on time and to a consistent high standard;
- A positive can-do attitude to work, result driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace and quality of response are critical to success;
- Ability to prioritise work and work effectively and accurately under pressure, ensuring that deadlines are met, project management skills would be of interest.
- Experience working within the Insurance sector ideally within the general insurance market.
- A degree in accounting, with experience in insurance accounting and in a multi-national environment;
- Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet production experience;
- Good PC skills, particularly Excel (you should be comfortable using and developing financial formulae);
- Experience of working in a professional high quality corporate environment is required