COMPANY DESCRIPTION Founded in 2013, our client seeks social change by cultivating a global community of the most ambitious talent to make effective online teaching more accessible than ever before.
Research has increasingly shown the importance of the core subjects: of children who failed to achieve expected levels in literacy and maths at age 11, only 7% achieved 5 good GCSEs. Over 50% of the pupils they work with are from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The team help schools and families through two platforms. The first was started in 2013 and has since enabled 50,000+ children to be taught in 1800+ schools across the UK by 1,000+ tutors across India and Sri Lanka. They have a team of 30+ in London, focused on marketing, technology, and analytics.
Established in November 2018, the second platform offers one-to-one maths tuition online that allows children in the UK to connect with tutors across the world.
This position will involve working on the second platform and your focus will be on helping to ensure that sessions run smoothly, and customer and tutor queries are managed efficiently and to a high standard. Through this, you will help drive customer loyalty and satisfaction.
Responsibilities and tasks will include the following.
-Resolving general customer queries:
- Being the point of contact for customers when they have a problem over the phone, email, and instant chat. Aiming for first contact resolution, but also passing to specialist team member when required
- Real-time support during live sessions:
- Liaising between their customers and internationally based tutors throughout the day.
- Troubleshooting any technical problems that occur by speaking to the customer and helping them to understand and resolve the issue.
- Supporting customers between their sessions to improve their experience through analysis, communication and training.
- Potentially being available for some out of hours cover (some weekday evenings until 8pm, with a later start time, and some weekends (optional)).
- Becoming a platform specialist:
- Being a main point of contact to parents and hired tutors for platform queries, including general questions about the product, rescheduling sessions, tech issues, complaints and feedback
- Working with the Senior Executive, Retention, Product, and Tutor teams to deal with any issues flagged through customer and tutor queries.
- Analysing incoming queries and identify areas where they can become more efficient, improve the process or journey.
- Platform Support Oversight:
- Leading on the development and implementation of platform support processes, striving for constant improvement, and adapting with Product changes.
- Developing and maintaining content on the customer parent and hired tutor Knowledge Base, running regular analysis, with the aim of reducing the customers need to contact Support.
- Regularly reporting on platform statistics and support metrics.
- Coordinating and leading on platform support feedback to the Product team, offering proactive, customer focused feedback and suggestions.
- Coordinating with the wider Customer Team:
- Ensuring all your interactions with customers are recorded and kept up to date.
- Communicating and coordinating with the wider team to ensure a seamless customer experience for everyone we work with.
- Escalating customers with significant issues to relevant colleagues.
- Using Salesforce to continually improve our efficiency and customer experience.
- Reviewing sessions where tutors have reported behaviour issues and feeding back to the Safeguarding lead or customer as appropriate.
- Escalating to the safeguarding lead (Head of Customer & Support) as appropriate.
- Ad hoc tasks and projects:
- You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in other tasks and projects, such as helping to set up new customers, assisting with retention calls, feeding back to other teams to help improve user experience, and supporting with the first platform
WHO FITS THE BILL
- Undergraduate degree from a top university
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to drive process and product improvements
- Passionate about the company’s mission and eager to make your mark
- Adaptable, self-motivated, and a fast learner
- Strong attention to detail
- Energy and creativity: positivity and enthusiasm are at the core of their team!
- Experience working in a customer success, or related, position
- Office-based experience, ideally at a small company where you’ve had to adapt to changes
Alongside a competitive salary, they offer fast career growth, and more importantly, the opportunity to change the lives of thousands of disadvantaged children every year. If you're passionate about a rewarding career working for one of the biggest EdTech start-ups in the UK, then please apply.