Becoming a Regulatory Business Partner with Smart DCC Location - London - this role will require UK travel and occasional overnight stays
Competitive salary and benefits
DCC is increasingly balancing the delivery of mandated business with permitted business and looking for opportunities to deliver on its licence requirements to facilitate the reuse of the Smart DCC network and the return of the investment made to date by its customers.
This will require a new business partnering approach - proactively working with teams across the business to identify areas where the legislative framework will need to change to facilitate growth and innovation and developing forward legislative and engagement plans to bring about that change.
We are looking for three Regulatory Business Partners to support this new approach
What you'll be doing:
- Provide dedicated regulatory business partnering support to a portfolio of programmes or functions within the business, advising on the opportunities for regulatory change / streamlining that will support delivery of DCC's objectives
- Proactively drive forward the changes identified - engaging with teams across the business to develop the detail of the change proposals and rationale for change.
- Engaging with customers, BEIS and Ofgem to seek support for the proposed changes and consulting where appropriate to seek customer input.
- Navigating changes through the external regulatory governance structures to bring them to conclusion
- Provide a key point of contact within the business for advice on the regulatory landscape and supporting teams to solve problems and enable change.
- Build relationships with BEIS, Ofgem and SECAS
What we're looking for:
- Strong self-leadership - able to set a clear forward workplan for themselves and others
- Excellent communication skills - ability to take a complex topic and explain it in simple terms for internal and external audiences
- Ability to work with multiple and complex sources of data and draw out key insights
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders - working across boundaries to deliver outcomes
- Experience of leading and managing individuals or small teams
About Smart DCC
Smart DCC believes in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We've built the secure infrastructure that's going to support the mass roll out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. That makes this a truly exciting time to join us. You'll be part of a team that's supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future. If you thrive in environment of change and innovation, then Smart DCC is the place for you.
Smart DCC are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Ability to work from home 1 or 2 days/ week
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
- Regulatory Business Partner