A fantastic opportunity to join a highly established Investment Management business. With an excellent leadership team and great potential to progress, this is the right opportunity for a strong technical accountant that wants to grow and develop as a professional.
- Preparation and submission of all periodic FCA regulatory returns in a controlled and timely manner. This will include the COREP regulatory returns
- Instrumental in the collation, production and review of the ICAAP document and subsequent Pillar 3 Disclosure. Additionally, train out the ICAAP process across the business.
- Preparation for the year-end financial audit and assisting auditors with their queries.
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements
- Reviewing and liaising with our external tax advisors for all partnership tax matters and assist the team with their tax affairs as required
- Keep abreast of FCA regulatory updates insofar as they affect the Finance function and ensure the team are aware of and plan for impacts
- Assist the Head of Finance with the annual insurance renewal programme
- Take full responsibility for a number of the related companies which are overseen by the Finance team
- Work with the Head of Finance on ad-hoc strategic projects as they arise. This could be possible team hires, join ventures or more internally focused P&L reviews
- Support the team on ad-hoc reporting issues, regulatory initiatives and accounting developments.
- Contribute to the review of the risk profile within the Finance function ensuring that key risks are identified, and control procedures are in place which prevent or mitigate the threat of those risks to the business
- Control the level of expenditure by reviewing and challenging business expenditure proposals and policies.
- Qualified Accountant with 1-3 years post qualified experience
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong previous regulatory reporting experience essential - Ideally COREP Capital reporting
- Experience of working in a fast-paced financial services organisation and willing to take on responsibility and accountability for regulatory, accounting, governance and compliance related matters (insofar as they affect Finance)
- Exposure to the year end audit process incorporating financial statement production, CT600 corporation tax returns as well as partnership tax returns
Skills and Behaviours:
- Able to communicate confidently with both internal and external audiences both verbally and in writing and the ability to summarise complex issues clearly and succinctly
- Ability to communicate on a technical level equivalent to your audience, including explaining features, benefits and risks associated with any suggested course of action
- Confident to engage in debate about the conclusions drawn, resilient in sustaining a logical argument under pressure, and to adjust or hold position as seems fit
- Confident with numbers, and able to convert them into meaningful words and analysis
- Good general ledger experience – ideally Opera but not essential
- IT literate with advanced excel skills
- Organised with attention to detail, such that appropriate customer outcomes are achieved and adequately documented
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to organise, prioritise, manage and deliver under tight or conflicting deadlines
- A desire for continuing learning and development and the ability to self-start on projects