PBT Group has an opportunity for QlikView Developer with solid NPrinting experience.
- Performing detailed analysis of source system data and model that data in QlikView.
- Designing, developing, and testing QlikView scripts to import data from multiple source systems.
- Developing, enhancing, re-engineering, maintaining and supporting QlikView applications to meet customer requirements.
- Effectively visualising data in QlikView applications (dashboards) to address business questions.
- Design Business Intelligence delivery approaches using Dashboards, Alerts, Queries, Reports, etc.
- Ensuring that the QlikView applications and server processes continue to run and operate in the most efficient manner.
- Extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from multiple sources into QlikView applications.
- Ability to adhere to both Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies.
- Monitoring and maintenance of all components that make up the QlikView platform, including databases, software, user applications and hardware design.
- Driving the adoption of standards and governance to ensure the QlikView platform remains stable, reliable, and secure for all users.
- Participating in a collaborative work environment, across both ICT and the business.
- Interacting frequently with business owners/stakeholders to gather requirements and business data rules for new development projects and assist in defect resolution during testing, etc.
- Analyse and document business processes to create functional specifications, and translate requirements into feasible technical specifications that fulfil the end-user requirements and align to business data strategies.
- Document and communicate technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimised techniques, queries, data standards and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- Assist developers and DBA’s with troubleshooting and offer suggestions for development improvements.
- Provide operational support, bug fixes and performance enhancements as part of providing support to QlikView applications in the production environment.
- Minimum 2-3 years solid experience with Business Intelligence modelling and development in QlikView dashboarding and reporting.
- Solid experience with NPrinting
- Experience in developing and architecting QlikView solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems with a good understanding of their data models and ETL processes.
- Extensive experience with database systems and data modelling.
- Good understanding of relational databases and working knowledge of Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge and experience in SSIS, SSRS and SSAS advantageous.
- Working knowledge and experience in the insurance industry would be advantageous.
- Other reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau and Jasper would be advantageous
- Knowledge on data warehousing concepts such as star and snowflake schema, dimensions and fact tables would be advantageous.
– Strong analytical, inter personal & communication skills
- The willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects and possess an aptitude to learn quickly.
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines.
- The ability to solve problems and be innovative.
- Team player who contributes to team goals, encourages and supports team members.
- Customer focus.
- A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
- QlikView Certification would be an advantage