A top International Law firm based in the City of London is seeking Proposal Manager for a newly created role to support the development of Business opportunities across the firm.
As a valued member of the Marketing department, the Proposal manager will contribute to a cfast paced team by preparing proposals and pitches, through formal RFP response processes as well as on an ad hoc basis for new business opportunities.
Working closely with the Business Development and Marketing Managers in the region and with the global Proposal team, the Proposal Specialist will also help develop and implement best practices, processes and supporting materials related to preparing proposals and similar business development work. S/He takes an active role in learning about the legal groups represented in Europe and in developing internal knowledge about the clients and business of the region. The Specialist works directly with lawyers and other team members in the region and the global department (across multiple time zones) to coordinate cross-border business development efforts. The Specialist will also act as the European liaison for global RFPs. It is essential that the Specialist is a self-starter and enjoys working within a fast-paced international team environment.
- Serve as the marketing lead for proposals (single-practice proposals and, as needed, complex cross-border/multi-practice projects
- Contribute to global RFPs and pitches as necessary
- Coordinate the RFP follow-up and tracking process to collect and report feedback
- Implement established processes and best practices for updating the Firm's experience management system and business development database
- Coordinate with the Firm's Market Intelligence team to help conduct research on clients/prospective clients and Industry Insights
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of business development and marketing collateral
- Work on special projects as requested by the Partners and lawyers
The Ideal Candidate will have
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in an international law firm or other professional services environment, including:
- A thorough understanding of the proposal process for preferred panel appointments and specific new business opportunities
- Experience in direct project/production management, including authoring certain components of RFP responses, bids and proposals .
- Demonstrated experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders under tight deadlines
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, communication, business or related field; English or Journalism studies is a plus
- Experience with online bidding platforms, databases, knowledge management systems and presentation software
If this role sounds interesting to you, then please apply!
- Bids and Proposals