Please note: This role is for candidates able to live and work in the UK without a Visa sponsor, our client does not offer sponsorship at this stage.
An international consultancy in central London is looking for a Principal Data Science Consultant to join the team on a permanent basis. The company operates across Europe, working with businesses to help them leverage their data and make better business decisions, the Data Science team plays a fundamental role in this. Even though 75% of the projects will be in London, you will still be required to show some flexibility and be willing to work on clients' sites.
As a Principal Data Science Consultant, you will be required to provide leadership in the data science and analytics space for the clients and you will lead a cross-functional team formed by data scientists, engineers and project managers who will help you achieve that. The analytics solutions are based on machine learning and statistical predictive algorithms, you will be in charge of their development for the clients.
The company operates across different industries, you will have a chance to strengthen your experience across different sectors such as retail, finance, hospitality and retail. Chances of career progression are high, as you will have a chance to demonstrate your skills across different projects and are going to build a team who will support you all the way.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Assessing client requirements and use your skills in analytics and data science to provide solutions.
- Building, mentoring and leading a cross-functional team, providing support and leadership in the data science and consulting space.
- Be in charge of the development of solutions based on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Statistical Algorithms using Python and R.
- Constantly dealing with stakeholders and managing their expectations, as well as delivering CRPs.
- Be the lead in client projects.
- An excellent statistical background, ideally from your PhD
- Extensive experience working in a consultancy is fundamental - ideally recent experience
- Experience managing teams of different sizes and across various projects, as well as experience hiring and interviewing.
- An excellent track record of productionising solutions for clients, as well as proven experience in machine learning, statistical analysis and data science.
- Excellent hands on experience with Python, you will need to be an expert. R is beneficial too!
- Hands on experience developing query structures with NoSQL/SQL
- A PhD in Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Experience presenting to business stakeholders and engaging comfortably with clients.
Beneficial but not necessary:
- Pre-sales experience
- Proven scientific research papers
- Experience with Big Data tools and experience programming in Java or Scala
- Experience in the financial or Digital Media industries
Please note the client does not offer sponsorship, this role is for candidates eligible to work in the UK.
- machine learning
- data science
- data analytics
- data scientist