Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Education and Experience
- Matric; 2 years experience in the administrative assistance, clerical services, or related professional area or a National Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Providing Documentation and Reporting Support
- Assists managers in preparation of various reports and presentations.
- Assists with the design and preparation of statistical reports as needed.
- Attends, transcribes and distributes minutes, and participate in staff meetings, executive committee meeting and department meetings as needed.
- Makes new files, maintains existing files.
- Maintains giveaway/donation files and assists in making reservations.
- Provides administrative support to manager/s and department.
- Composes, produces and signs correspondence on routine matters.
- Produces and distributes correspondence as required.
- Answers General Manager’s phones.
- Acts as a receptionist for manager and, when necessary, other department members, providing assistance to callers as required.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Attends meetings and communicates with executive and peers as an effort to improve quality of service.
- Ensures VIP amenity requests from GM is handled in timely manner.
- Signs for managers and release, with specific permission.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities.
- Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Transmit information or documents using a computer.
- Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservation and answer inquiries from guests.
- Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.