Newham SEND Teaching Assistant Job, KS1 Teaching Assistant Job, January Job
Your new School
This three-form entry primary school in Newham is looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to work with a KS1 pupil with Autism on a 1:1 basis. This role will start in January 2020 and continue into the end of the academic year.
Your new role
You will provide daily support to the pupil you work with, ensuring their social and academic development within the school. You will work alongside the SENCO and class teachers to monitor progress, carrying out interventions where necessary. You will assist in producing Individual Education Plans for your pupil and provide regular feedback. You will ensure the participation of your pupil within the class and encourage their learning.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be Level 3 qualified
- You will have previous school-based experience with SEN pupils
- You will have experience using PECS and Makaton
- You will promote and ensure pupil confidentiality
- You will be committed to ensuring the welfare and education of your pupil
- You will have demonstrable patience, reliability and flexibility, while promoting a positive attitude towards your work.
What you'll get in return
You will benefit from a personal consultant offering advice and guidance at every stage. You will also benefit from competitive rates of pay, with a refer a friend scheme offering £250 when you refer a Teaching Assistant to us. We are also a recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jade Digweed on