BUsiness Unit Finance Country Lead Location: South Africa Contract: Permanent The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have: Job Purpose: To lead and...
From Johnson & Johnson - Gauteng
Published a month ago
Description: Posted 04 Jun 2021 by Business Directive Contract Services Responsibilities Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to...
Published a month ago
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative...
From Stryker Corporation - Gauteng
Published 20 days ago
Description: *Reference: JHB001377-VMC-2* Finance Manager_Qualified CA preferably with MBA (or similar) required for Global Engineering Client situated on...
Published 23 days ago
· Provide direction, strategic and visionary leadership externally to the organisation''s stakeholders and internally within the local team to deliver the organisation''s strategy and ensure long-term, strategic positioning of the organisation''s brand in the markets.
· Provide strategic guidance and support to the neighbouring country''s Market Head and remotely managed markets for leadership externally to the organisation''s stakeholders and support with resources, as appropriate, to deliver the organisation''s strategy and ensure long-term strategic positioning of the organisation''s brand.
· Lead, oversee and manage all regulatory stakeholder relationships and ensure any associated plans are implemented to maintain the organisation''s brand position and stakeholder satisfaction.
· Enhance member value through local partnerships and community initiatives that promote membership retention, growth and satisfaction, and drive stronger brand recognition.
· Determine and advance the employer and relationship management approach in the market. Target specific sectors as appropriate, in consultation with the Regional Director and the organisation''s global headquarters, in order to help employers, grow by developing their finance capability and brand reputation, thereby enhancing the organisation''''s reputation in the marketplace.
· Lead the focus to deliver plans deploying a digital first approach to transform how we deliver to the market and continuously review and adapt to ensure optimal utilisation of resources.
· Ensure all plans and key messages are effectively communicated, both within local team and externally to the market, ensuring members (and member panels and committees), students and affiliates are regularly informed. Ensure the appropriate governance around member panels and committees is in place and reviewed to drive value.
· Develop and deliver plans for growth across the markets ensuring new student measures and exam entry targets are met. Ensuring strategies for academic institutions and Employers are joined up and deliver against the key metrics.
· Develop annual plans for delivering KPI''s in the member value, affiliate sector and retention across members, affiliates and students post first year renewal ensuring the organisation''s strategic priorities and corporate plans are embedded in the market.
· Work closely with relevant teams and the Education Manager to ensure there are robust plans for Student Progression, prevent downward trends and ensure more students are progressing well
· Build and maintain influence by engaging at a strategic level with the organisation''s stakeholders and influential groups connected with the accounting profession, including key individuals in government departments, local accountancy bodies and regulators, employers, senior the organisation members, education institutions and tuition providers.
· Ensure continued development of the organisation''s reputation and influence through actively pursuing the thought leadership agenda within market. Build relationships with other Market Heads to share best practise, business intelligence and innovation to drive retention plans across members, affiliates and students post-first year renewal, whilst adding value to these markets.
· Responsible for the delivery, promotion and support of a policy agenda, with the support of the Africa policy head, that is aligned to the policy objectives of the organisation''s strategy and to the specific needs and priorities of the markets
· Stay abreast of key issues relevant to the industry/profession and business community and ensure that the organisation is well positioned as a key influencer on these issues ensuring the delivery of the organisation''s thought leadership agenda.
· Represent the organisation as a key spokesperson in local media in South Africa on subjects in relation to the industry/profession.
· Prepare and manage, as appropriate, an approved budget for the development, administration and activities of the organisation in the region and submit periodic financial and management reports and plans in accordance with the organisation''s internal procedures.
· Develop, train, lead and motivate the local team in line with the organisation wide competency framework ensuring communication of the organisation''s future strategy and vision.
· Ensure employee engagement is embedded within the national office and a positive environment is promoted.
· Actively contribute to the Africa regional leadership team, helping to lead, shape and drive the agenda.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
A strong leader with impressive communication and operational skills, with a proven track record of delivering positive results in a membership and or dynamic business environment
Able to build effective relationships at the most senior levels and operate successfully in a political or complex environment
Confidently guide teams in a culture of continuous delivery and improvement; and optimal delivery through digital
Can establish and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships, and credibly engage with, influence and gain the confidence of senior leaders
Experience of managing resources and budgets and worked collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver strategic and tactical plans
Knowledge and experience of the accounting profession would be desired
This is anAA/EEvacancy andonlyapplications fromSouth African HDI (Historically Disadvantaged Individual) candidateswill be considered.
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of submitting your resume, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.