Legal Cashier - City - Perm My client, a renowned Top 100 law firm, are searching for a new LEGAL CASHIER to join their busy finance team. Applicants must have previous legal cashiering experience gained within a law firm and detailed knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules.
- Dealing with client and office account receipts conducting petty cash distribution and bank reconciliation
- Assisting with client and office payments through Bankline
- Managing transfers of funds between accounts and matters
- Providing covering support, maintaining the accounts payable system for firm suppliers and subsequent weekly payment runs to vendors
- Posting journals including courier invoices
- Filing rent deposit statements
- Processing HMCT & Land Registry payments
- Assisting with staff and partners expenses and payments
- Maintaining the Finance Departments filing, both electronic and paper
Assisting with other ad-hoc tasks including:
- Chasing lawyers to clear time recorded under 'miscellaneous' category
- Updating department reports for starters and leavers
- Preparing spreadsheets - including rate conversions etc
- Reviewing residual balances on client account
- Generating zero balance reports for Pas and Secretaries to action
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to priorities and work under pressure to tight individual and team deadlines
- Flexible and professional approach
- Good team player
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn and expand knowledge and skills
- Flexibility in change of working practices
- Good computer skills - KNOWLEDGE OF ADERANT and competent in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Detailed knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.