The role The breadth, diversity and complexity of the business requires effective business capabilities (through processes and systems) to support the business divisions in their continued profitable growth. To support the business in their goals, the client operates a Change Delivery department focusing on delivering quality solutions, within agreed timescales and budgets, to enable realisation of return on investment.
A key component of the Change Delivery team is the Project Management (PM) function, this is in place to support the business's change portfolio which includes both strategic and tactical changes that span across all functional areas within the business.
- Lead projects that support business objectives
- Ensure the project produces the required products within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits
- Manage the project from start, through delivery to closure to deliver new capabilities for business owners to realise and track the benefits.
- Manage projects ensuring practical and appropriate adherence to the business Project Management framework
- Define the project's governance framework
- Effective coordination of the work and the interdependencies
- Manage risks and resolve issues
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
- Ensure architectural coherence within the project
- Manage the project's budget and monitor the expenditure
- Establish and manage project controls, for monitoring and reporting
- Ensure all stakeholders are clear on deliverables, timescales, resources and constraints
- Ensure maximum efficiency in the allocation of resources and skills.
- Engage with Portfolio Manager and PMO to contribute to planning and management of portfolio.
- Working with Procurement to manage vendor selection, delivery and relationships.
- Be an active member of the Project Management team, working at ways to both measure and continually improve the services to the business
Skills & experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in project management
- Proven track record in driving delivery of complex projects to achieve defined business outcomes
- Strong capability in project financial management
- Strong change management / business improvement experience
- Strong facilitation, communication & negotiation skills
- Rigorous in planning and execution
- Knowledge & experience of Agile delivery methodology desirable
- Knowledge of centralised project portfolio management systems advantageous but not essential