My client is looking for an immediately available Finance Business Partner to join the team immediately in order to help them implement a new system.
My client is a small not for profit organisation based in central London. They are currently going through a period of growth and are looking for a Finance Business Partner to help with the implementation of a new system
- Actively participate in the implementation of the new finance system, championing the project across the organisation and ensuring its success.
- Roll out the new system across the organisation, becoming an expert to ensure all users throughout the organisation have an internal point of contact for help and support.
- Seeking opportunities to work in partnership across the charity to ensure all teams receive the support they need to manage the financial aspects of their roles.
- Support business expansion into new areas of income generation, ensuring finance processes can be adapted to meet requirements. Participate in new initiatives and clearly articulate the financial requirements to ensure they are met from the outset.
- Challenge the status quo to improve and reorganise finance processes and make the best use of opportunities, resources and systems.
- Deliver accurate, relevant, user focused financial information throughout the organisation to support decision making at all levels.
- Confident Excel user including pivot tables, vlookups and data filtering across large volumes of data to transform and present data to key stakeholders.
- Proactively support budget holders in the management of budgets and variance analysis.
- Uphold controls and good financial governance processes, identifying and acting quickly to correct areas of weakness.
- Be proactive in resolving issues arising from any work that touches the finance team.
- Ensure that the general ledger is accurate and up to date at all times, processing invoices, expenses and large volumes of income with a full audit trail.
- Understand and actively assist in managing the cash flow to ensure obligations can always be met.
- Support overseas offices ensuring they receive funding in good time, offering the right levels of challenge and scrutiny to requests and financial returns.
- Comfortable working in a multi-currency environment with an understanding of how that impacts business.
- Ongoing and timely reconciliation of the charity's bank accounts and all control accounts.
- Support credit card and cash expense transactions. Manage cash to ensure travelling staff have access to funds.
- Banking of head office income.
- Knowledge of computerised accounting and database packages
- Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- An innovative, collaborative, questioning and flexible attitude to work, with a desire to keep building on knowledge and skills
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation to support finance process improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all staff members
- Effective time management with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience of Raiser's Edge and integration with accounting software
- Purchase ledger experience
- Multi-currency experience
Competitive salary for 6 months
- Management Accountant
- Finance Business Partner