We are looking for an enthusiastic HR & Training Assistant to join us. Reporting to the HR Manager/Director, you will assist the HR & training function and support across all generalist activities including delivering training-learning to employees across Longdan stores and warehouses - travelling to sites to ensure application and training is complete.
You will have full understanding and application of operational and HR Policies. You will also actively familiarise yourself with the learning delivery programmes prior to delivery and get involved in projects and initiatives to support key business goals.
Role & Responsibilities:
- General HR administration and recruitment, including new starters preparation and induction.
- Support and assist in interview process for retail and warehouse sector.
- Monitor and implement performance appraisal, probationary and evaluation processes.
- Identify and assess training and development needs, devise and implement a range of training programmes.
- Deliver the training of new and existing employees through their basic and refresher training and ensure timely follow upon training needs ensuring employees receive statutory requirements.
- Compile and present information.
- Continual review and update of training materials and processes, and the overall delivery of a commercial and effective training strategy.
- Ad hoc administrative duties, special projects and related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience in HR and relevant training experience.
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritise, multi task and organise workload.
- Approachable with team working and interpersonal skills.
- Strong influencer and clear communicator (spoken and written communication skills), with ability to deliver training, communicating effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Attention to detail and sound knowledge in Ms Office.
- Resilient and able to work in a demanding and diverse environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a passion for HR and people.
- Professional approach to dealing with employees & positive attitude to change.
- Passionate about the commercial impact the role can have in the retail and food solution.
- Knowledge of HR functions and processes
- 2 years proven experience within an HR team.
Salary based on experience and qualifications
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
- Communication Skills
- Management Skills