We are currently recruiting an experienced, dynamic Home Care Manager to work with a North London Borough.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively manage the Home Care Service to specified quality standards. This will involve providing direct management and supervision of a team of Senior Home Carers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To have delegated responsibility for the day to day management, monitoring and performance of the Home Care Service, ensuring that it operates within departmental policies and procedures during working hours, in the evenings and at weekends.
- On a rota basis have management responsibility for the Home Care 'Out of Hours’ Service. This will include weekends and Bank Holidays and evening work up to 11.00 pm.
- To have a working knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation ensuring that Home Care statutory responsibilities under the NHS and Community Care Act, the Care standards Act (Domiciliary Care National Minimum Standards), the Children's Act and the Disability Discrimination Act, are met.
- To prioritise and allocate the work of the Home Care Team during normal working hours, in the evenings and at weekends, including planning and organising the cover for annual leave and absence of regular staff.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of appropriate training of Home Carers, including induction and in-service training.
- Be responsible for the development and training of staff and for managing their performance to meet organisational aims and objectives including the implementation of the Council's Performance Appraisal and Development System.
- Responsibility for ensuring that a safe working environment is provided for all managed employees.. Ensure that relevant health and safety matters are included as part of the induction of new employees.
- Carry out duties in accordance with the Council's Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation, ensuring that Health and Safety requirements, including lifting, moving/handling and risk assessments are understood and complied with.
- To monitor and evaluate service provision in accordance with individual care plans, service agreements and agreed quality standards for service delivery and assisting with the identification of unmet need.
- Participate in the revision of Home Care policies and procedures, the setting of quality standards and initiatives aimed at developing services to meet needs, including through encouraging local community or self-initiatives.