Job title: Healthcare Assistant Underwriter Employment type: Full-Time | Permanent
Reporting to: Healthcare Team Leader
Working hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm - Monday to Friday
Location: 85 Gracechurch Street, London EC3V 0AA
Salary: £ Competitive
Bonus: Discretionary Bonus Plan
CFC Benefits include 25 days holiday, Private medical insurance (plus dental and Optical cashback benefit), Life insurance scheme, Income protection scheme, Pension plan, Season ticket loan, Subsidised gym membership, 24/7 employee assistance programme and dress down Fridays. CFC social events include summer party weekend, Halloween and Christmas parties.
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London and backed by Lloyd’s, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are 'one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
As an Assistant Underwriter you’ll work closely with the Healthcare Team Leader in all aspects of underwriting, including new business and renewal underwriting, responding to broker queries and supporting business development through developing your own broker relationships over time.
With support from the team, you will consider Healthcare providers liability needs insurance needs from a holistic perspective by writing multiple classes of insurance, alongside supporting the team with business development initiatives and effectively contributing to wider team projects.
Whilst direct underwriting experience is not essential you’ll have a keen interest in the healthcare sector and a willingness to develop your skills and knowledge through working alongside an experienced and supportive team.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Respond to and manage enquiries from brokers in a timely and professional manner, producing new and renewals quotations within agreed SLAs and authority parameters;
- Maintain and update the Healthcare renewal and prospect list in a timely manner;
- Support the team to develop and seek out new business opportunities, building strong broker relationships (both face to face and over phone) to create profitable Healthcare business;
- Support the team with the creation of complex or manual policies;
- Maintain and producing regular underwriting reports around the portfolio as required;
- Explain the features, advantages and benefits of Healthcare insurance products, coverage enhancements, support product launches and raise awareness of new and existing products;
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of internal and external events/presentations on CFC products, key trends and emerging exposures;
- Diarise accounts with Claims for three month review with the relevant underwriters and assisting with documentation and paperwork required for those meetings;
- Research with a mind to develop subject matter expertise in Healthcare classes and investigate relevant legislation/regulation/compliance issues within our target markets;
- Support and contribute to team projects (e.g. enhancements to product offering, launch of new products, systems, policies and processes etc.);
- Contribute effectively to team performance standards and new business / renewal targets; and
- Support colleagues with preparing for and attending ad-hoc business trips as required.
Skills & Ability
- Strong work ethic, with drive and a determination to succeed;
- Demonstrate genuine passion and enthusiasm for the team and the wider business;
- Articulate and influential - you’re naturally comfortable presenting to small and large groups;
- You’re highly analytical with excellent logic and critical thinking skills;
- Strong numeracy and communication skills (both verbal and written) with an excellent standard of written English;
- You’re confident and self-driven and enjoy working to deadlines and targets;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Above all you’re a team player!
Knowledge & Experience
- At least one year’s experience in the insurance industry, with a solid understanding of the Lloyd’s insurance market;
- A solid foundation in insurance with exposure to multi-class insurance;
- Experience or exposure to the healthcare sector strongly desirable however not essential;
- Sound negotiation and presentation experience.
Education & qualifications
- Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential;
- Lloyd’s Introductory Exam or CII certification preferred but not essential.
- New Business Opportunities
- Work Ethic