The role includes the analysis, design and development of end-to-end business intelligence solutions for internal customers in a large SA based mobile telco. Technologies currently used include; Power BI, SSAS, Excel, MS Access, VB.Net and Oracle PL/SQL.
- The requirement is to develop, create and maintain report data marts and reports for a variety of business requirements. The consultant is required to form relationships and continually liaise with subject matter experts from other business areas to understand the data from their respective areas across the organisation.
- Develop and maintain reports & data marts using Power BI, SSAS, Excel, MS Access, VB.Net
- Ensure high-quality data & reports are delivered to the business clients to facilitate effective decision making.
- Interpret data and develop relevant recommendations based on data analysis findings.
- Ensure delivery of validated information and reporting to business users.
- Work consistently according to standard operating procedures.
- Understand and communicate the consequences of not maintaining data quality.
- Identify areas where the quality of reporting and analytics may be improved.
BI Development Technologies
- 2 or more years of experience with relational database technologies using SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI.
- Oracle OBIEE repository development and implementation would be advantageous, but not mandatory.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SASS) would be advantageous, but not mandatory.
Skills & Experience: 3-5 years in the industry
- Worked in environments with large data volumes
- Good understanding of all aspects of BI and Information Management processes.
- Good working knowledge of the mobile telecoms industry, specifically typical business KPIs & reporting will be advantageous
- End-end solution development delivering reporting outputs to executives
Education: 3-year diploma or higher.