Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email :**********
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Protea Hotel by Marriott Ranch Resort.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process.If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Protea Hotel by Marriott ranch Resort was established in 1960located 25kms south of Polokwane (280kms from JHB ORT on the N1 highway) on a1000hectars wildlife estate, we are a franchised property that joined theProtea /Marriott group approximately 15years ago. The hotel has been privatelyowned and managed by the founding family since 1960. The property consists of150 bedrooms, 13 conference venues – ranging from a boardroom setup of 10delegates upto hosting conferencing events of upto 1500 delegates. There is agolf course, heated swimming pools, fine dining restaurant, specialized facilitiessetup to host professional sports teams for overnight and preseason camps. Atented camp and team building facilities located within the wildlife estatethat accommodates school groups and STO groups wanting a more authentic bushexperience. The staff compliment that would report to the Operations manager is40 waiters, barmen and 7 duty managers.
- Excellent experience in ‘big volumes’ conferencing and banqueting
- Management of multiple conferences, events, banquets simultaneously
- Excellent at implementing and managing systems and controls, ie. Micros POS,beverage control, rosters, staff overtime and tips
- Methodical and organized
- A strong delegator and proactive in uplifting staff through training anddevelopment to ensure employee empowerment
- Excellent communicator with guests and colleagues
- Excellent client relations
- High energy (large property, long hours when business requires it with multiplefunctions taking place simultaneously)
- Enthusiastic, dynamic and mature enough to manage a large department and openminded to adapt to short turnaround time of functions and guest requests
- Strong culinary background to assist when discussing hotel menus and ability todiscuss and design bespoke menus with clients
This company is an equal opportunity employer.