With offices around the world and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance, this growing company is an insurance success story. They offer a dynamic working environment with excellent opportunities for personal development.
1. Financial Analysis, Quality Assurance and Review
a) Decision Support
§ Carry out fast and accurate analysis of, and commentary on, key business drivers and parameters that impact future profit and revenue growth.
§ Ensure that monthly, quarterly and yearly internal reports are produced, reviewed and distributed in compliance with the required deadlines.
§ Analytical review of annual budget and monthly, quarterly and yearly financial results.
§ Support underwriting management in any financial queries
b) Quality Assurance and Review
§ Understand & communicate key drivers of financial results (in total, by sub-segment, by legal entity and by individual line of business)
§ Pipeline premium review and liaison with underwriters
§ Revenue recognition policy review, development and compliance (including resolution through liaison with the business and BI/IT)
2. Annual Planning & Quarterly Forecasting:
a) Responsibility for all annual budget related activities for assigned sub-segment - understanding strategic business plans, supporting business during planning period, review and challenge of various inputs from stakeholders and drafting of narratives or commentary and any necessary reporting on the overall Corporate Budget.
b) Provide input into quarterly International forecasting process (by sub-segment and by legal entity) through engagement with business stakeholders, identification of upcoming issues and/or adjustments and understanding of historical trends
c) Responsibility for the Annual Lloyds Syndicate Business Forecast
3. Finance Reserving:
a) Reserving for International entities: Oversee and review the booking of the monthly IBNR numbers from the Reserving System (to the General Ledger). Liaison with internal and external actuaries on Reserving numbers, review and distribute Reserving reports (including monthly Flash Reserve reports, Triangle reports and Loss Development reports). Review monthly Attritional and Event claim movements and ensure monthly loss ratios are correct.
4. Relationship Management: Act as principal contact in Finance for assigned sub-segment
5. Other Activities:
a) Support on key projects within the Commercial Performance and FP&A team such as the new Reserving platform, IFRS17, enhancements to Anaplan
b) Support in any ad hoc/other requests as required
c) Approach all tasks with a continuous improvement mindset to ensure processes are as efficient and effective, while delivering high quality products
Qualifications and Experience Specification:
· Qualified Accountant (ACA)
· At least seven years of experience in general insurance in a major accounting firm or industry (including London market experience)
· IT literate with advanced Excel skills and strong financial modelling abilities
· Developed analytical skills including compelling communication of financial information and key metrics/messages
· Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Methodical approach to problem solving and decision making
· PeopleSoft and nvision experience
· Anaplan experience
· Professional approach and delivery of work product
· Energy, enthusiasm, persistence and adaptability
· Ability to influence and lead others
· Focus on timely delivery of quality outputs
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with both finance and non-finance teams to achieve common goals
· Drive and commitment to achieve individual, project and team objectives
· Commitment to development of self and others
· Willing to challenge assumptions and the status-quo
· Encourage a culture of continuous improvement and 'end to end' process thinking
· Assertive but sensitive to conflicting demands on others.