Finance Risk Management Analyst London Who we are QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development of 'first line of defence’ risk management capabilities across the Finance, Actuarial & Legal department. This will include:
- Identifying and documenting the key risks which exist across the department
- Identifying, documenting and evaluating the controls which are in place to mitigate these risks
- Gathering evidence that controls are operating as expected
- Liaising with the Risk team as appropriate
- Support the Finance Delivery and Support team with various activities as required
- Support the Delivery team in identification of key focus areas to mitigate risk for the delivery of future reporting periods
- Identification of continuous improvement initiatives to mitigate key departmental risks
- Undertake investigations into problems and business change in order to asses risk and ensure delivery of projects/programmes
- Identify risks and assumptions associated with current or proposed solutions and ensure appropriate visibility and escalation where needed
- Drive the focus on root cause analysis on issues and opportunities
- Support the Finance Risk Management Director with various other ad-hoc projects and deliverables as required (this will represent a material part of the role)
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualified accountant
- Good understanding of risk management and experience of identifying, documenting and testing risks and controls
- A background in audit would be advantage, but not essential
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies. We’re 'Happy to talk Flexible Working’.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.