Finance Assistant - City of London - Perm My client, a renowned Top 100 law firm are looking to hire a permanent Finance Assistant. You will have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience within a law firm, a recent graduate, with a proactive and can-do attitude.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly financial reports as defined by management
- Conduct quarterly partner reviews of aged WIP, disbursements, and client account balances
- Take ownership of the monthly billing schedule and process for key clients
- Review and process invoices and credit notes ensuring compliance with the firm's policies and HMRC/SRA rules
- Assist and advise fee earners and secretaries on the correct use of our billing and time recording systems
- Maintain reconciliations for the firm's bank accounts
- Manage day to day processing of WIP, such as file write offs and transfers, and file closure and archiving
- Bring up to date monthly overhead expenditure schedule
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reports on system and SQL reporting tool when required
- Deal with audit requests from clients
- Approve payments on behalf of our cashiers
- Establish new user grades and charge rates on system
- Support delivery of software and other projects as required
- Support with year-end accounting and the financial audit
- Continually appraise existing processes to inform system and procedural development
- University graduate
- 2 years' experience within a law firm
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly when required
- Ability to pick up new systems and procedures quickly
- Organise and able to prioritise workloads
- Maintain a pro-active 'can-do' approach
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.