Divisional Head of Internal Audit London - with travel to our Reading office.
Who we are
An award-winning bank here to help Britain's go-getters.
More about us
In 2009, Aldermore set out to be the bank helping those with ideas, big and small, to realise their dreams and to seek and seize opportunity in their personal and professional lives. We call it banking for the bold. Today, we're an award winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain's small businesses through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen.
Join us if you want to find yourself at the heart of a dynamic, growing organisation where our employees are empowered to grow their expertise and build their careers.
Divisional Head of Internal Audit working in Aldermore is part of an independent team making the impartial, professional decisions and constructive recommendations that enables effective risk management, control and governance. The Aldermore internal audit team consists of highly motivated, supportive and talented individuals from a range of different backgrounds and competencies. The team is well respected within the Aldermore Group and works closely with senior management and with other control functions in providing advice and independent assurance to a growing business. Our objective assurance goes beyond overseeing structures, policies and processes to promote and support efficiency and continuous improvement. It's a business-critical area that offers lots of scope for career-building experience, including the opportunity to acquire a Group-wide view across both Aldermore Bank and the recently integrated motor finance business (MotoNovo Finance).
Managing and leading the delivery of the Group Internal Audit plan, you'll execute the internal audit strategies as set for the respective business division. That will also include supporting bank-wide risk assessments that ensure audit activity is aligned to the assurance needs of our growing bank, and enabling stockholder relationships with the senior leadership team. Overall, you'll focus on ensuring best practice, building a culture of high performance, developing and optimising your team and championing GIA as an objective, independent and critical business partner.
- Extensive experience of leading and manging internal audit teams in financial services or banking environment. Must have in depth knowledge of audit methodologies including data analytics capability.
- Auditing of risks within Retail Banking products such as residential and commercial mortgages, asset finance, retail savings and Group operations and technology.
- Good working knowledge of UK regulation and key areas of regulatory focus from PRA and FCA.
- Proven leadership qualities with ability to build credibility at the highest levels of the organisation. Self-motivated and proactive in approach, team-work and experience of leading and coaching individuals to achieve their full potential.
- Inspirational leadership with ability to lead and motivate audit team as well as build credibility and collaboration with the senior leadership in the Bank
- Excellent analytical, influencing, presentation and relationship management.
- Big 4 Audit experience - desirable
- Retail Banking internal audit experience desirable
As you would expect, this opportunity offers a competitive basic salary, company car or car allowance and reward package, and you'll also benefit from our commitment to investing in your professional development.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer