Our client, a well-known transport and logistics company, is seeking a Diesel Mechanic to join their team in the Durban area.
* Diesel Mechanic Trade Test essential.
* Code 14 License essential.
* 5 Years' working experience as a Diesel Mechanic.
At least 5 years' experience required in:
* Managing a team of operators.
* Managing the full maintenance of the equipment.
* Managing equipment used by staff (precision machine control).
* Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
* Proficient in Modelmaker and CAD.
* Take control of and manage their fleet.
* Regular servicing and maintaining preventive maintenance schedules; vehicles and machinery.
* Oversee outsourced servicing and maintenance on site
* Respond to all mechanical and non-mechanical after hour callouts and break downs.
* Complete and maintain job-oriented documentation, i.e. worksheets, job cards, service records, etc.
* Ship-loading standby duties.
* Any other reasonable duties where the Maintenance Manager may require assistance.
Salary offered: R20 000 per month negotiable - depending on working experience.
Starting date: September 2019.
Please forward your CV to be considered for this position if you meet all the requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks.