Our client, a leading retailer is looking for a Construction Project manager to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of stakeholders and manage construction projects and programs. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, comfortable wearing many hats and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment. This role will suit someone who is insanely talented, super detail-oriented and have demonstrated the ability to work back from core customer needs. This role requires consistently manage stakeholder expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes because organization and attention to detail are in your DNA.
- Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with business partners, contractors and vendors.
- Establish and maintain project schedules and budgets, responsible for overall project delivery including all FF&E and construction.
- Responsible for on-site supervision during the construction process to include management of General Contractors and Owner vendors.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Participate in the design development process to collaborate across internal stakeholders.
- Manage change order negotiations and contract compliance.
- Serve as the liaison to developer/landlord reps to coordinate building envelope delivery.
- Experience in the construction management of commercial buildings, demonstrating progressive responsibility and growth within the construction/facilities industry
- General knowledge of Building Code
- Experience building and managing budgets
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Project
- Ability to lead negotiations, and manage high-level meetings and discussions
- BA/BS degree from accredited university
- Strong communication skills and understanding of the end user
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage change
- Have strong project management experience and facility management experience
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts (master agreements/work-orders)
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Provide business decision support and participate/lead special projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects dictate