I am currently recruiting a Client Balances Cashieron a fixed term contract basis. This is working for a well-known Law firm based in East London close to Canary Warf Station.
My client is a well-known Law firm based in East London. They deliver exceptional legal results to its clients who are principally from the real estate and private wealth sectors. They are now looking to hire a Legal Cashier on a fixed term contract basis. This will be an initial temporary assignment for 12 months. The role will be based in their offices in London.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
Legal Cashier, East London
Roles and Duties:
- Prepare and send a monthly client balances report to all fee earners and Partners
- Identify and report on residual client account balances
- Investigate balances held and carry out research on client's details when required using, for example, companies house and social media
- Support fee earners and secretaries to clear residual balances
- Prepare notes on any balances due to the Treasury or charity for review by the Compliance and Partnership Accountant
- Update the Compliance and Partnership Accountant weekly on progress made
- Liaise with the cashiering team to ensure approved payments are paid away in a timely manner
- Any other duties defined by management from time to time
The successful candidate MUST be immediately available and can interview / start at short notice.
- Good numeracy skills
- Good MS Office skills - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Minimum 2 years' relevant legal cashier experience, preferably on Client account
- A good working knowledge of SRA Accounts rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pick up new systems and procedures quickly
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly when required
- Organised manner with ability to prioritise workload
- Motivated and pro-active with a 'can-do' approach
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality
The candidate will ideally have a minimum of 2 years' relevant legal cashier experience, preferably on client account.
The successful candidate will be paid between £28,000-30,000 per Annum depending on experience.