About us Our client is an International Insurer, underwriting a diverse portfolio of property, casualty, marine and reinsurance business on a world-wide basis. These products are underwritten through Lloyd's of London and regionally through commercial insurance routes.
Our client's Claims department aims to be a market-leader in the provision of an efficient, cost-effective and professional service to brokers and clients. Their vision is to be the most customer focused, nimble and value adding claims team in the market. They strive to be pro-active and flexible in the management of claims whilst maintaining integrity.
This role includes four class-specific claims teams; Specialty and Financial Lines (SFL), Marine, Energy, and Reinsurance. The Volume Claims Team (VCT) is an integral part of the this Claims department and currently handles a broad range of claims on behalf of three teams with low value and/or low complexity. VCT is comprised of 9 claims adjusters and 1 apprentice.
The claims adjuster in this role will be handling claims from cradle to grave arising out of our Professional Lines book of business and will be working closely with our SFL team (13 claims staff) and the other 4 VCT adjusters who handle similar types of claims. The Professional Financial lines book of business covers a broad range of UK and international claims within three main sectors; Professions PI, Financial Institutions, Management Liability and Emerging Risks.
- Be collaborative in your approach by sharing any best practice improvements with the other team members or claims teams.
- Drive, facilitate and deliver a customer focused approach to claims which is measurable through: speed of service and open, honest and personable communications with all brokers and (re)insureds.
- Manage claims, including third party agreements (TPA) and service providers in line with the claims philosophy, reserving philosophy and Claims Handling Manual.
- Treat customers fairly and report any complaints immediately so that these can be addressed quickly. Notify any potential or actual conflicts of interest in accordance with our procedures.
- Review workloads and claim counts regularly and escalate any concerns you have to your Claims Manager.
- Effectively use all systems (this includes the reporting and data interrogation tools available for interpreting claims information) for the benefit of the Underwriters, Actuaries and daily management of the team's claims, clients and portfolios.
- Provide high quality commentary on relevant movements, highlighting significant notifications, claim trends or developments.
- Ensure peer reviews are completed and any actions arising are completed, evidenced and escalated as appropriate.
- Maintain good working relationships with the underwriting team, Actuarial team and Outwards Reinsurance Team. Provide feedback on claims experiences, contract wordings, claims data or feedback for any renewal to the respective Claims Managers and underwriters.
- Support an organised broker interaction program on an annual basis; build and maintain relationships with key brokers and escalate feedback received on our service to provide a more customer focused, nimble and value-adding claims service.
- Proactively work with the rest of the VCT to shape the systems, processes and procedures to enable the VCT to achieve its objectives.
- Contribute through own work to achieve the KPI's set in the annual Claims Business Plan and to identify areas of improvement in the Team and to provide proactive feedback to the VCT Manager.
- Escalate any issues to management as required under the Claims Handling Manual and raise any areas of uncertainty promptly so that they can be resolved.
Skills & experience
- Have experience in handling PI/FI claims. Experience in handling Italian claims and Italian language skills are desired
- Be educated to a minimum of A-Level standard or equivalent
- Demonstrate strong written and spoken communication skills in the English language
- Have good IT (Microsoft Office) skills, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook and ability to use or learn our in-house systems
- Possess strong independent organisational skills