Pr.Eng (Civil) registered;
Specialization in Transportation; and
Post graduate qualification in line with key performance areas.
Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in:
o Road design aspects and value engineering ability;
o Understanding toll road construction and concepts;
o Contract administration; and
o Staff management on executive level.
• Valid driver license and be able to travel;
• Clear criminal and ITC record;
• Good working knowledge of PPP’s;
• Working knowledge of large contracts;
• Ability to understand and interpret legal contracts; and
• Exposure to road rehabilitation projects.
•Functional knowledge – comprehensive understanding of concepts, corporate governance principles;
• Business and Industry expertise;
• Leadership – full management of a medium size company;
• Responsible for creating, planning, implementing, and integrating the strategic direction;
• Problem assessment & decision-making ability – good analytical skills and evaluative judgement;
• People skills on senior level;
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills; and
• Public liaison.
Key Performance areas:
o Staff compliment of 600;
o Financial management;
o Rehabilitation, expansion and maintenance of 560km road across border of SA & Mozambique;
o Operation of 6 toll plazas;
o Overload control;
o Interface and liaison with SANRAL, ANE, Lenders, Shareholders & Board members; and
o Non-exec Director.