At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the successful incumbent is required to provide professional and excellent customer service by attending to all telephone calls timeously for both internal and external guest as well as to provide and maintain the quality and standards of the Westin Cape Town and in accordance with Marriott Policies and Procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- A recognized Hospitality qualification would be advantageous
- At least 1- 2 years Call Centre experience within a Hotel environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages (MS Word , Excel ,Outlook )
- Working Knowledge in Opera PMS
- Available to work flexible working hours and rostered shifts as and when require
- Complete all daily duties as set out in departmental duties and requirements.
- Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, and other requests related to placing or receiving telephone calls.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Log all guest requests or issues, contact appropriate individual or department and follow up with guest to ensure their request has been met to their satisfaction.
- Provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest.
- Assist guests with accessing the internet.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Answering incoming and internal calls as per brand standard
- Managing Let’s chat requests and follow up
- Check and Prepare staff transport log sheets
- Check stationary orders
- Assist with group preparation when required
- Credit card cancellations
- Update guests profiles when needed and as requested
- Control and manage stock of Gear Landing
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.