Apply today to join an global information provider, selling high level subscriptions to one of their information brands providing online research, news, data and market & competitive intelligence.
Our client, one of the fastest growing companies on the LSE, provides business information to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide across research, consulting and events,. Due to continued year on year revenue growth and investment, they are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to drive new business revenue streams within the energy sector.
Based in their Central London office the role will be a mix of telephone, face to face sales and networking at industry events, increasing the number of business subscribers from a designated territory of UK and international businesses.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Expanding the client base through cross selling and upselling existing clients as well as sourcing and pitching new business.
- Developing a sales network by conducting business development calls and attending client meetings and online demos
- Collating client feedback to support product development and exploring new opportunities with the product management and marketing teams for creating additional revenue streams.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, uncapped commission scheme and excellent benefits.
Key skills & experience:
- An exceptional understanding of the sales process as well as a demonstrable ability to uncover customers’ needs and establish value
- An ability to build strong business relationships with clients up to a board level & excellent networking skills.
- Superior cold calling skills and a talent for creating new business opportunities
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Strong Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Proven ability to work with internal stakeholders to define sales strategy and build the value proposition
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- High degree of self-motivation, energy and ambition with the ability to work independently
- Professional attitude
- A minimum of 2 years b2b sales experience (Data Intelligence Subscriptions &/or Data sales experience is an advantage)
If you have the relevant skills and experience and keen to hear more, then please submit your CV today or contact Caroline for more information