Business Development Manager / Sales Manager / Relationship Manager
Location: London, E1
Salary: Excellent DOE
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
We want you because you are an experienced, target driven, competent, successful Business Development Manager / Sales Manager / Relationship Manager who is experienced and has a strong network of client contacts in the learning and development space within the finance industry.
A bit about us
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio. AMT Training are one of them!
As the world’s leading financial training business, AMT Training equip analysts and associates with the core skills required in banking and related sectors. We provide training worldwide, teaching in all major financial centres in Europe, US, India and Asia-Pac and across those regions, our clients include all of the world’s top ten investment banks. Our offices are located in New York, London, and Hong Kong.
Main Purpose of Role
This autonomous Business Development job role will allow you to develop new client relationships in the financial learning services sector so that we can deliver first class, bespoke technical training solutions to them.
You will be consulting with prospects/clients and designing, developing and implementing our professional financial markets education services for international, regional and domestic banks, financial institutions and other clients across Europe.
Other areas of responsibility will be:
- Position AMT’s education solutions to meet the specific business requirements of international banking and other clients in Europe.
- Develop new relationships and networks relevant to AMT.
- Actively contribute to the growth of AMT’s business in London and Europe more widely by identifying and developing sales opportunities.
- Help design and develop professional financial education curricula for AMT’s European clients.
- Consult with clients and identify where learning services can help their businesses optimize market opportunities and solve operational challenges.
- Advise clients on implementation of effective training solutions designed to meet competency and business driven requirements.
- Manage the quality and delivery of education services to clients. Develop strong working relationships with clients by providing oversight and guidance.
- Build on existing AMT relationships and networks in the industry to develop new business opportunities for AMT.
- Draw on firsthand knowledge of global banking industry regulations to successfully manage strategic negotiations and partnerships in Europe
- Lead submissions, bid management and response writing.
- Develop presentations and deliver high quality proposals to clients.
- Bringing specific industry experience and knowledge to bear on plans for the strategic direction of AMT’s suite of financial education products and services in Europe
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
- Degree level education
- Must have experience of working in a business development role in the financial sector
- An existing network of client contacts in the learning and development space.
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Some IT Training, i.e. Microsoft
- Very strong commercial/business development skills in finance industry
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to proof read
- Strong desktop IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of IT systems, including all Microsoft applications and ideally Salesforce
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"