A vacant position exists in the NAKO ILISO Centurion Office for a qualified and experienced Bid Manager who will ensure the procurement of new business through successful bids, tenders and proposals. The purpose of this position is to effectively manage a national team and ensure that the company maximises on all bid, tender and proposal opportunities that will result in new business opportunities with existing or prospective clients.
• Liaise with internal and external parties to develop successful bid strategies.
• Work closely with a core national team while bringing in subject matter experts when required.
• Develop best practice processes aligned with company procedures, ensuring national uniformity thereafter.
• Make proposals showing how the company can improve its processes and or documentation to gain a competitive advantage.
• Establish and manage the company information database in relation to the relevant documentation required for bids to be successful.
• Source and identify solicited and unsolicited business opportunities which are aligned to the company strategy.
• Attend or arrange for attendance at tender briefings and site visits for the accurate compilation and submission of bids.
• Prepare a bid execution plan, coordinate and manage the end-to-end bid process, ensuring that the client’s needs have been met and that the value proposition of the company has been conveyed effectively.
• Review all bid, tender and proposal documents in terms of Content and Scope of Work ensuring that the pricing data is applicable and accurate.
• Ensure that all proposals and specifications are accurate and cost effective.
• Secure the relevant signoffs required by the duly authorised person(s).
• Oversee all quality, technical and commercial aspects of bids, tenders and proposals and ensure that they consistently meet the company’s quality standards for submission.
• Identify and rectify shortcomings for all bids, tenders and proposals prior to submission.
• Ensure that all bid project plans are met timeously and within budget.
• Register bids and effectively manage tender suppliers.
• Establish and maintain a database of specialist service providers including all their required documentation.
• Effectively manage all contract documentation and SLA’s.
• Be the first point of contact for existing or prospective clients and liaise with estimators who produce the price element of a bid.
• Produce reports that reflect meaningful information for internal and external use.