Assistant M&E Quantity Surveyor I'm currently working with a medium sized M&E Contractor who is looking to recruit an additional Assistant M&E Quantity Surveyor to join their team in London. Typical projects in the residential sector up to £15 million M&E.
The Commercial Director is hands on with training and development for his team, so if you need support or you're not quite the finished article they will be able to help push you onto the next level.
Experience working within the residential sector is required for this role.
See below typical duties which may change depending on project stage:
- Assisting in carrying out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
- Prepare and monitor project cashflow forecasts
- Measure, value, submit and assisting in negotiating contract variations
- Assisting in the preparation of submitting and negotiating project final accounts
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets
- Able to work well within a team based environment
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times
- Assisting in the production of accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material, prelim and sub contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to
- Supply all relevant information to the Senior MEP Quantity Surveyor for review at the specified intervals set
- Assist Senior MEP Quantity Surveyor with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time
If you're an M&E quantity surveyor interested in this particular role please contact Lily George on
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.