I am currently recruiting an Accounts Payable Clerk on a temporary basis. This is working for a well-known high street fashion retailer company based in East London close to Whitechapel Station.
My client is a well-known high street fashion retailer company based in East London. They were established couple of years ago and since have grown consistently year on year.
They are now looking to hire an Accounts Payable Clerk on a temporary basis. This will be an initial temporary assignment for 3 months. The role will be based in their offices in London.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
Accounts Payable Clerk, East London
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be part of a team of 5 within the Accounts Payable department reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager. If you move fast, and think fast, this fast paced environment will be right for you.
Roles and Duties:
- Processing high volume of invoices within agreed timeframes onto finance system
- Gaining approval of invoices/purchase orders from correct departments
- Direct entering and coding of non PO invoices
- Investigating and managing any invoice discrepancies through to resolution
- Managing assigned accounts and clearing down aged items
- Dealing with queries from external and internal clients
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Managing the relationship with key suppliers and UK/European/US key stakeholders
- Support with AP archiving and audit requests
The successful candidate MUST be immediately available and can interview / start at short notice.
- Eager and willing to learn new things
- Basic accounting knowledge ideal but not essential
- Looking to study AAT
- Beginner/Intermediate level excel user
- A meticulous eye for detail
- A natural ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- A team player who works collaboratively
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, whilst able to prioritise work loads
- An innate desire to achieve the best possible results for the brand
They must also have 6 months to 1 year working knowledge of the roles and duties above.
The successful candidate will be paid between £10-12 per hour depending on experience.