Account Manager(Job Number: 266034) Description Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 25 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
The FTTX Account Manager role is based within Group Digital and Fixed Services
The role of the FTTX Account Manager is to run the end to end Account Management of key business partners within the CBU Sales Channels.
and decision ownership
Planning and Execution
- Develop and implement the sales plan for
respective channels aligned to the business strategy.
- Deliver sales presentations and
proposals to executive levels and boards of directors;
- Revenue and Margin Growth
- Develop and implement plans to increase
net sales revenue across both prepaid and contract a cross relevant channels.
margin growth by managing discounts, tariffs and product/channel/segment mix.
- Channel Partner Management
- Identify and propose new channel
- Manage and support existing channel partners;
- Oversight on channel partner operations
to ensure business models are profitable and in accordance with Vodacom
- Assist with product knowledge and
developing business acumen of Channel Partner;
- Accurate reporting and feedback of
performance against targets.
and Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Build strong relationships through
proactive interaction with customers at all levels.
- Oversee the calling plans of the
outsourced Account Managers/Service Managers and CRC teams;
- Ensure a good Customer Experience with
all customer interactions;
- Ensure that SLA’s with customers are
adhered to at all times;
Core Competencies, Knowledge
- 3-5 years’ experience in Field
Marketing, Key Account Management or Sales
- Preferable knowledge in the telecoms arena
- Proven experience in building and
- Forecasting and Planning is essential
- Financial and commercial acumen
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following
technical / professional qualifications:
least 3 years’ relevant experience
least 5 years’ relevant experience