THE ROLE We are looking for an experienced 1st Line Infrastructure Engineer to join our fast growing team. You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and will have solid experience in a IT support role. You will provide all-round IT support to external clients across Windows Servers, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and a variety of networks.
You will find yourself involved in a wide range of technical support issues and you must have the ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with problems and technical issues under pressure
- Provide internal IT support when required
- Helpdesk and incident management
- Providing onsite and remote support
- PC and server configuration
- Firewall configuration and troubleshooting
- Daily system checks including backup monitoring and reporting
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 - Working Knowledge of Active directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP troubleshooting and administration
- Previous experience working for an ISP/MSP
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 /2013 / 2016 / Exchange Online
- Microsoft Office 365 - Fundamentals of stand alone Office 365 and Azure Sync environments
- Remote Desktop Servers
- Desktop Support - Windows 7 / 10 / Remote Desktop Session / RDS Farms
- Networking protocols including TCP/IP
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with problems and technical issues in a pressurised and time-sensitive environment
- Experience as a support engineer in a service environment, particularly to SMEs.
- Experience of the tech or ISP sectors
This list is not exhaustive and the tasks assigned might increase as per company’s needs.
- Degree educated or equivalent in a science or business subject
- Knowledge of CRM/ERPs like Oracle/Salesforce, etc.
- Active Directory
- Technical Support
- Group Policy