Sugarman Education is currently recruiting for experienced Secondary Teachers who specialise in English, Maths, or Science who are based in and around the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, for an immediate start, during or after school hours.
Working as a 1:1 Tutor for Children's Services could be one of the most rewarding roles that you have experienced. By working one-to-one with a young person without the distractions of being in a classroom or the pressures of hitting unrealistic targets, you can develop a healthy and empowering rapport with your students and create an educational programme designed around their interests which facilitates a positive learning experience and successful outcomes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for:
- Teachers who wish to make a positive impact on Looked after Children or children with learning difficulties.
- Teachers who are looking for more flexibility or additional work.
Benefits, including training and professional development. We also offer work out of school hours.
About the role:
- Work with a wide range of vulnerable children who have a diverse set of needs
- Tutors to provide learning assistance for young people whilst unable to access school
- Provide outreach support to identified children young people in both primary and secondary school settings (depending on your specialism)
- The biggest focus on delivering skills in core subjects to bridge vast gaps in their learning and support these young people emotionally
Skills and Experience
- Teachers with English/Mathematics/Science specialisation preferred.
- Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or demonstrable previous experience.
- Excellent written communication and reporting.
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability.
To be eligible the Tutor must:
- Valid Enhanced DBS check
- Be a qualified Teacher (ideally PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
- Be a UK resident or be eligible to work in the UK
To be considered for this role apply with your most up to date CV or call Luke on
Only successful candidates will be contacted for this role, although there will be other opportunities available. Feel free to apply for this role as you may be considered for other roles as well.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Alternative Provision